The Associations of Scholars of the Gautama Academy of Indian Intellectual Traditions would bring together scholars of the tradition and provide them with an avenue for cooperative sharing of knowledge and for the pooling of resources for the regeneration of Vedic culture. Scholars who become members of the Association would be called Associate Scholars of GAIIT and would fall under three categories as follows:
- Associate Scholar of GAIIT
- Associate Vidvat Scholar of GAIIT
- Associate Research Scholar of GAIIT
When a scholar becomes an Associate Scholar of the Academy, if he or she has accreditation in a relevant field, i.e., in any traditional vidya, he or she would, suo moto, become an Associate Vidvat Scholar of the Academy. For a definition of ‘accreditation’, please see the Scholar Database section.
An Associate Research Scholar is an Associate Scholar or an Associate Vidvat Scholar of GAIIT who is deemed by the Academy to have the necessary qualifications and motivations to engage in research on the fundamental problems and issues of contemporary philosophy and contemporary world-thought from the perspective of the Indian Intellectual Tradition. Any Associate Scholar of the Academy may be deemed to be fit to participate in the Academy’s research programs depending on the value he / she brings to the research activity by virtue of his/her knowledge irrespective of whether he/she is an accredited scholar or not.
The Gautama Academy of Indian Intellectual Traditions shall provide the following avenues for Associate Scholars to share their knowledge and pool their resources for the purpose of ensuring the continuation of Vedic culture and Vedic knowledge-systems:
- Provide them with the privilege to participate in building a comprehensive encyclopedia on Sanathana Dharma by way of article contributions
- Provide them with the privilege to publish papers in the Academy’s Journal either with the aim of disseminating Vedic knowledge or for providing special insights into any aspect of Vedic Dharma and Vedic culture.
- Provide them with a means to engage the fundamental principles and ideas of contemporary philosophy and contemporary thought through the methods and principles of Nyaya Shastra / Anviskhiki.
- Provide them with a means to publish their original ideas and thoughts on contemporary issues from the perspective of upholding Vedic culture.
- Provide research grants for engaging in special areas of research
- Provide help, within the means available to the Academy, to programs that individual scholars may initiate to promote Vedic Dharma and Vedic culture.
A query facility, similar to the one for querying scholars in the Scholar Database, shall be made available for querying the Associate Scholars of GAIIT. To see the preliminary list of accredited scholars who would be associated with the Gautama Academy, please click on the tab below: